The EI 816 is a Contactless Smart Card Access Reader. It is a comprehensive Reader thus eliminating the need for separate door controllers. It supports both the card holder’s Data Base and the transaction Data Base. This feature makes the reader function on a standalone basis incase the networking line is down temporarily. The reader rests on a TCP/IP network and on request is available on RS 485 as well.
The EI 816 is a low profile, totally sealed, robust unit. Further to make it more ergonomic it is also available in a flush mounted version suitable for European and Asian wall box.
- Conforms to ISO 14443A (Type 1, 2, 3) (Type 4 on request) (13.56 MHz)
- 512 Kb internal memory holds up to 33000 cardholder’s database and 100,000 transaction data base.
- Fast verification and authentication processing time; less than one second.
- Visual (LED) and audible (Buzzer) feedback.
- TCP/IP RS485 interface for networking.
- RS232 interface ( can interface with a printer ) on request
- Also available in IP65 standard finish for internal or external application.
- CE and ROHS compliant
|Output Interface||10 - 14Vdc|
|Inputs||RS485 and RS232 (TCP/IP optional)|
|Relay Output||2 no optically isolated|
|Normal current consumption||1 relay – potential free contact single change over. (1 Amp rating 24 Volt DC)|
|Activated current consumption||120 ma|
|Read range||175 ma|
|Operating temperature||30 – 50 mm (1.2" - 2") (typically)|
|Relative humidity||-10ºC to + 55ºC (14ºF to 131ºF)|
|Reader dimensions||90% max, operating non-condensing 90mm x 90mm x 27mm (3.54" x 3.54" x 1.06")|
|Status LED||Amber, Green & Red|
|Audible tone||Variable beep duration for Access Granted and Denied|
|Memory||512 Kb extendable|
|Color||Charcoal grey ( multiple color options on request )|
|Warranty Policy||Warranty for 1 year against defective workmanship. Technical warranty for 7 years|